- An evolving industry – undergoing rapid transformation
- Increasing regulation - Initiatives such as Basel II, etc.
- Globalization - heavier trade volumes and 24/7 operations
- Instrument Commoditization – less margins, sophisticated instruments, more competitive pricing.
- Revenue growth - to increase revenues with less margins
- Risk management – more stringent regulations and to manage risk early
- Cost control – In particular banks seek to:
- Keep headcount low – run processes more effectively by managing exceptions.
- Increase productivity – enable existing staff to work more efficiently
- Decrease system costs – by using efficient systems to reduce deployment costs.
- Analytics – Analysis of the market, history, etc. to decide on the price in the competitive market
What we can do?
- Review of existing processes
- Gap analysis
- Revision of existing processes
- Development of new processes
- Implementation of modified/ new processes
The benefit to the clients
- Better processes
- Globally standard practices
- Adequate internal controls
- Compliance facilitation
- Achieving the market and business goals/ drivers
- Alignment of IT strategy with business strategy